Eligibility for obtaining of Driving License:-
Valid Learner License, where Learner License is issued 30 days before the application date.
It is mandatory to present yourself in front of Licensing Authority to obtain the Driving License.
Documents required to apply for Driving License:-
At the time of applying for learning license, the license applicant has to submit the application form for making driving license, along with 2 passport size photographs, along with attached documents for proof of residence and age. The list of proof of residence and age will be as follows as attached with the application for learning license-
• Aadhar Card
• Voter ID card
• Life Insurance Policy
• Birth Certificate
• Proof of statutory presence in India along with proof of residence in case of foreign national.
- For transport vehicle classes, Certificate Issued by Driving Training School
For Driving License:-
|S.No.||Number of Categories||Fees||Smart Card Fee||Test Fee|
|1||For a class vehicle||300||200||200|
|2||For two class vehicles||600||200||200|
|3||For three class vehicles||900||200||200|
Addition of other vehicle category in Driver License:-
|S.No.||Number of Categories||Fee||Smart Card Fee||Test Fee||Web Portal Charges||Total Fee|
|1||For a class vehicle||300||200||500||74||1074|
|2||For two class vehicles||600||200||500||74||1374|
|3||For three class vehicles||900||200||500||74||1674|
For License Renewal
|S.No.||Period||Renewal Fees||Smart Card Fee||Penalty||Re-test Fee||Web Portal Charges||Total Fee|
|1||During the grace period||200||200||0||0||74||474|
|2||In the first year||300||200||1000||0||74||1574|
|3||In second year||300||200||2000||0||74||2574|
|4||In the third year||300||200||3000||0||74||3574|
|5||In the fourth year||300||200||4000||0||74||4574|
|6||In the fifth year||300||200||5000||0||74||5574|
|7||In the sixth year||300||200||6000||300||74||6874|
For License Duplicate:-
|S.No.||Category||Second Copy Fee||Smart Card Fee||Web Portal Charges||Total Fee|
|1||For all classes of vehicles||400||200||74||674|
- First of all typing https://sarathi.parivahan.gov.in/sarathiservice/ on any web browser google chrome or internet explorer on the system two options will be displayed
- Login:- This option is used by the employees of the office.
- Name of the State:- This option is used to select the state for which the application is to be made.
- After selecting the state, a screen will be displayed from where the new learning license to be applied for making the permanent license is selected.. For example, to apply for a permanent license, for this you will choose Driving License .
- After this, the learning license is selected for permanent. For example, the Learner License Number and Date of Birth are entered for the Permanent License to be applied for.
- A self-declaration form to be filled for physical fitness on entry through learning generated by the applicant.
- After this the application number , applicant's name , date of birth etc. are displayed on the system, in which further process and guidelines have been given to the applicant.
- After entering by the applicant, all the documents which have been uploaded by the applicant are verified by the clerk from the office.
- The applicant has to appear in the office and pass the driving test.
- After passing the test, the applicant's photograph and other data is entered in the system.
- After this the record is verified. Thereafter that the applicant gets the license number on the mobile through message. This record can be printed in the office on paper copy or PVC card.
Effectiveness and Validity:-
The issued driving license is valid across India. Driving license is issued for 20 years or upto 50 years of age, whichever is earlier. Driving license issued for heavy transport vehicle will be valid for three years.